Sunday’s Final Round Most-Watched LPGA Round on Television Since 2013 Solheim Cup
ORLANDO, Fla., April 10, 2014 – Sunday’s strong final-round pairing of LPGA stars Lexi Thompson and Michelle Wie capped off a record week in terms of viewership for Golf Channel’s coverage of the season’s first major, the Kraft Nabisco Championship.
Sunday’s Final Round (April 6)
- Most-watched LPGA round on television (670,000 viewers, +124% YOY) since the final day of the 2013 Solheim Cup (780,000 viewers).
- Most-watched Kraft Nabisco Championship final round since moving the tournament from ESPN/CBS to Golf Channel in 2011.
- Outside of the Solheim Cup, Sunday’s final round was the most-watched LPGA round on Golf Channel since the final round of the 2009 Lorena Ochoa Invitational.
More than 3.6 million viewers tuned in to the 2014 Kraft Nabisco Championship (+10% YOY) making it the most-viewed LPGA event on television since the 2013 Solheim Cup.
- The final two rounds (April 5 and 6) delivered the most-watched weekend at the Kraft Nabisco Championship since moving the tournament from ESPN/CBS to Golf Channel in 2011.
- First two rounds (April 3 and 4) delivered the most-watched early rounds for any LPGA major championship (466,000 and 583,000 viewers respectively) since the 2012 Kraft Nabisco Championship.
- First three rounds (April 3-5) delivered the second most-watched Kraft Nabisco Championship on cable (485,000 average viewers, 2012 No. 1 with 505,000 average viewers).
Golf Channel’s LPGA Tour coverage continues next week with the LPGA LOTTE Championship at Ko Olina Golf Club in Hawaii.