FAQ VOLUNTEER QUESTIONS
How do I access the Volunteer System online?
Is there a volunteer app?
- There is a Solheim Cup app, which can be downloaded for tournament information. Search “LPGA’s Fan Experience” in your app store to download on your mobile device. A QR code that links to the app will be displayed during the volunteer party and throughout tournament week.
Are there any hotels with volunteer rates?
Where is Volunteer parking?
- Volunteer Parking will be located at the University of Toledo Scott Park Campus located at 325 W Scott Park Toledo, OH 43607. There will be a free shuttle service for volunteers from Scott Park to the Inverness Club. Volunteers can park at Scott Park anytime during the week (including non-shift days).
Can I ride my bike?
- Yes. Volunteers may ride their bikes and lock them outside the grounds at the provided bike racks at 1616 Richards Rd. (corner of Dorr and Richards). Bike locks are not provided.
Where do I park if I am helping with set up prior to Tuesday, August 31st?
- Park at the church next door to Inverness Club. Braden United Methodist Church: 4725 Dorr St. Toledo, OH 43615
Will there be mobilized carts for individuals with disabilities to rent?
Volunteer Shuttle Schedule – Shuttles will run every 15 minutes. The last shuttle will leave 1 hour after play ends.
- Sunday, August 29: (Volunteer Party) 3:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 31: 7:30 AM
- Wednesday, September 1: 5:30 AM
- Thursday, September 2: 5:30 AM
- Friday, September 3: 5:30 AM
- Saturday, September 4: 5:00 AM
- Sunday, September 5: 5:00 AM
- Monday, September 6: 7:30 AM
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your start time for check-in and refreshments. If you have an early shift that starts the same time as the first shuttle please take the first shuttle and report to your check in location as soon as you can.
How can I see my shift schedule and my volunteer assignments?
- Final shift schedules can be found on the volunteer system online (link above).
- Once you are logged in, your schedule will show on the bottom of the home page.
- Shift schedules are subject to change – please check your schedule frequently for any changes.
How long is a typical shift?
- Your shift length will depend on your committee assignment and role. Please contact your Committee Chair or Captain with any questions or concerns.
What if I need to change my availability?
- Schedule conflicts must be reported to your Committee Chair or Captain by email as soon as possible.
What if I want to work more shifts than I am scheduled for?
- Contact your chairman to let them know about your availability.
What if I want to volunteer at the same time as someone who is not on my committee?
- Contact your committee chair after schedules have been published. We are working to accommodate everyone’s schedule requests as best as we can.
What volunteer meals are provided during the tournament?
- Continental breakfast will be available every morning in the Volunteer Tent (Volunteer HQ) until 10:30am. Lunch will be available 10:30am until 2:00pm
- The Volunteer HQ will be open Tuesday-Monday. See hours of operation below.
- Volunteers will scan their credential for lunch each day
- It is the volunteer’s responsibility to arrive early enough to eat prior to their shift or to stay after.
Can I bring my own lunch?
- Unfortunately, you may not bring your own lunch or snacks.
Is there a location for me to refill my own water bottle at the golf course?
- Yes, there will be refill stations available in the Volunteer Tent. We recommend using the water bottle provided with your volunteer package. If you bring a bottle from home, it MUST BE CLOSED and UNOPENED prior to entry.
Where do I check-in when I arrive on-site?
- Most committees will check-in at Volunteer Headquarters. Your Committee Chair or Captain will email a check-in location for your specific committee.
Volunteer Training/Uniform Distribution
What if I am coming from out of town and cannot attend any of the training/credential distribution weekend (August 19th, 20th, or 21st)?
- You will be able to pick up your volunteer credential, parking pass, and uniform at Volunteer Headquarters at the Inverness Club Sunday, August 29 from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Please park at Scott Park and take the shuttle over. Shuttles will start at 3:30. The Volunteer Party will be taking place on this day from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- If you are unable to pick up your uniform and credential prior to your first shift, please notify your Committee Chair or Captain. You will be provided with a one time pass to use for access to the volunteer parking lot. Shuttle service will be provided to the Volunteer HQ where you can pick up your volunteer uniform and credential. –
Volunteer HQ Hours of Operation (Volunteer Gate)
- Tuesday, August 31: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 1: 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Thursday, September 2: 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday, September 3: 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday, September 4: 5:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday, September 5: 5:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Monday, September 6: 7:30 AM – 7:30 PM
Will-Call Hours (Main Gate)
- Tuesday, August 31: 9:00AM - 3:00PM
- Wednesday, September 1: 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- Thursday, September 2: 7:00AM - 4:00PM
- Friday, September 3: 7:00AM - 4:00PM
- Saturday, September 4: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Sunday, September 5: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Monday, September 6: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Times above are subject to change
Uniforms and Guidelines
See website for details
Volunteer Appreciation Party
Where and when?
- The Volunteer appreciation party is on Sunday, August 29th from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Park in Volunteer Lot (Scott Park Campus – University of Toledo)
- This event will be held in the Ohio Club (See map below)
- Food, beverages, music, and door prizes will be provided
Cell Phone Policy/Prohibited Items
- Cell phones are permitted on the course but must remain on silent or vibrate mode
- Pictures are allowed on practice days (Tuesday-Friday)
- Pictures are NOT permitted on Match days (Friday-Sunday)
- Video recording is NOT permitted at ANY TIME during The Solheim Cup
In the event of thunderstorms, lightning, or other severe weather, volunteers are to head to Volunteer Headquarters and await further instruction. All team carts and staff carts will oversee the players returning to the clubhouse team rooms.
Will sunscreen/lip balm be provided?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sunscreen and lip balm. Please plan accordingly for August/September weather. Wear lots of sunscreen/lip balm.
Is there WiFi available
- Yes, WiFi will be available and no password is required
List of Prohibited Items –
- Containers and/or coolers
- Backpacks (except for the drawstring variety typically carried by children) and oversize bags (except for diaper bags when an infant/young child is present) We recommend using the drawstring bag provided in your uniform package
- Golf clubs
- Cameras, camcorders or video cameras (except during practice rounds for personal photographic use only, and only without their cases)
- Noise producing devices
- Cases and/or covers (such as umbrella and folding chair covers)
- Computers, laptops, laser pointing devices, radios or TVs
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Aerosol cans and bottles
- Oversize chairs/lawn chairs
- Ladders or similar devices
- Metal-spiked golf shoes
- Any material constituting unauthorized advertising/promotions
- Unmanned aircrafts (drones, etc.)
- Illegal substances
- Smoking is not permitted on the tournament grounds
- All food and/or drinks unless necessary to treat a medical condition or infant needs
- Flags and/or banners large enough to obstruct views of the competition
- Anything that can be used as a weapon (firearms, knives or weapons of any nature – regardless of permit) **See notation below.
- Any other items deemed unlawful, dangerous, inappropriate, or disruptive by the LPGA and/or tournament site security personnel, in their sole discretion
NOTE: It is prohibited for any person to carry a firearm or dangerous weapon on property, transportation area, or areas of other facilities being used exclusively for tournament activities. Dangerous weapons include, but are not limited to firearms, sling shots, sand clubs, metal knuckles, daggers, dirks, spring blade knives, nun-chu-ka sticks, throwing stars, air guns, stun guns, and devices intended to injure a person by an electric shock. Even if a person possesses a valid Concealed Weapons Permit (private citizens), it is prohibited to bring the weapon into the venue. The only individuals allowed on property with a firearm should be police officers (on or off duty) or designated and approved security officers permitted to do so.